My sister and her husband had been trying to have a baby for over 3 years, I won't go into detail for their sake, but after many failed attempts they finally got pregnant! I'll never forget the day she called to tell me they were pregnant, it was a tearful conversation, I'll leave it at that! :) Anyway, I wanted to make them something special for the baby's room and decided on a sign.
They're naming the baby Indie, which I LOVE!!! So this is what I went with...
If you can't see it that well it says:
You're our tiny little miracle
Remember that everyday
The lord made it all possible
For you to come our way
I still need to get an easel for it and I thought I took more pictures, but unfortunately I didn't so this is all you get of it in her room...
and for some reason it looks tiny, but it's actually bigger than this :)
What I Did:
1. Staple burlap to a piece of wood (I doubled the burlap), make sure you pull it tight.
2. I used my Cricut to make stencils for the letters, but you can just buy the stencils if you need to.
3. Taped my stencils together and then taped them to the burlap
4. Painted the letters on with acrylic paint and q-tips. This is a delicate process so be careful so you don't smudge your paint outside the lines.
5. Wait for it to dry a little but not all the way or the paint can peel a little bit.
6. Cut fabric for the little strip and stapled it to the back.
7. Followed THIS tutorial for the flower piece and hot glued it onto the fabric.
My sister is due January 14th... wish her luck!!
*More pictures on the nursery later... if my sister will let me! It's SO SUPER CUTE!!! :)
I'm linking to:
I'm linking to: