Thursday, December 29, 2011

Espresso Paint

I helped my friend, Robyn, refinish a dresser before Christmas and it turned out awesome. It was so fun to have someone to paint with and definitely sped the process up a ton!! We had the thing sanded, primed, and painted all in 2 days. Here she is...

Before & After

I haven't painted anything this color yet- which is really weird, I know- so I was happy to try it out! The piece wasn't solid wood, so we:
1. Sanded
2. Primed with KILZ (we had Home Depot  tint it cream color so it would show through once we distressed it)
3. Painted with Behr (if you'd like the color leave a comment)
4. Distressed with good 'ol sand paper
5. Rubbed a little stain over it (because I love how it takes normal cream colors and antiques them a little bit)
------------------------------------------
We bought the hardware at Hobby Lobby (of course) but knew it would be too dark...
So we brushed on some extra cream-colored primer with our fingers (really technical :))...
Super excited with how it turned out and SUPER excited about the pictures I MADE my friend take of it for me :) Finally a decent furniture shot... thank you Jourdan!! ....

I always hate seeing furniture go, but love getting ready for new projects! :)

3 comments:

Jenna said...

I think this is my favorite one that you've done. I love those handles!

The London Mum said...

Your pics are so good of it! I've been checking your blog waiting for this post! Thank you so much for all your help! Couldn't have done it without you! It really brings the whole room together! :) let's do another one soon, we made a good team!

ksed86 said...

what color was it that you used from behr? i love it and would like to try it on a buffet i just got handed down! thanks