Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Rocking Chair Re-Do

So I'm still posting about my mom's house! This was another one of our weeks worth of make-overs, just a random chair she had sitting in the guest bedroom with a blanket covering it:

So we glued a wooden applique on it, primed it, spray painted, and glazed it and now she looks like this:

p.s. Sometimes appliques are hard to find. I've found that a lot of store workers don't know what you're talking about, but you can find them in Home Depot or Lowes by the lumber section in accessories. Or if you're lucky enough to live close to a Hobby Lobby (which, I can THANKFULLY say that I do now!!!) they usually have a bigger selection for cheaper, but don't sell many big appliques. And, I apologize, but I can't remember which section they're in.

And again, I'm sorry, but more on glaze later. I've had a lot of people ask what it is and how to use it, so I'll get to that soon I promise!